Query regarding update reason

Vijay Badola vijay.badola at rancoretech.com
Thu May 13 14:02:16 CEST 2010

Hi,

I have a query regarding Update-Reason field in PPAQ attribute of
Access-Request for prepaid case.

According to WiMax specification the size of this AVP is 4 byte(including
tag and length).

And according to dictionary.wimax supplied by freeradius size of
Update-Reason field is 4 byte means total size of AVP is 6 byte.

Can we change the size of Update-Reason field to 2 byte in dictionary.wimax
to make over all AVP size 4 byte, to decode this AVP at server properly
(when incoming Access-Request has 4 byte for update-reason AVP)? Or What is
other way to achieve it?

Please correct me if my understading is wrong?

,

*

P We have responsibility to the environment.
Before printing this e-mail or any other document, let's ask ourselves
whether we need a hard copy.