Diameter roaming

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri May 14 12:18:04 CEST 2010

VU VAN HUNG wrote:
> I means roaming between 2 client with 1 AAA Server in network (ex:
> wireless mesh network). Is roaming with Diameter faster than with Radius?

  What did I say?

> I'm sure that Diameter do authentication and accounting.
> Check it out,
> http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/wireless/library/wi-diameter/

  Yes... I was a participant in the process when Diameter was being
created.  I know most of the people who either wrote the specifications,
or wrote the Diameter servers.

  The *protocol* supports authentication and accounting.  The
*implementations* don't use it.

  Anyone doing *real world* authentication and accounting is using RADIUS.

  You've read a couple of papers about Diameter.  That's nice.  Don't
believe everything you read.