Free Radius testing....

James J J Hooper jjj.hooper at bristol.ac.uk
Sun May 16 11:39:51 CEST 2010

On 16/05/2010 10:26, John Raja wrote:
> Hi,
> I have installed freeradius server in centos. I am trying to test with
> below mentioned command i am getting the error output as given below ,
> Please help me out...
> I have created the username in the user file "bob    Cleartext-Password
> := "hello"
> _Command_
> # radtest bob bob localhost 1812 testing
> _Output_
> Sending Access-Request of id 147 to 127.0.0.1 port 1812
>          User-Name = "bob"
>          User-Password = "bob"
>          NAS-IP-Address = 127.0.0.1
>          NAS-Port = 1812
> Sending Access-Request of id 147 to 127.0.0.1 port 1812
>          User-Name = "bob"
>          User-Password = "bob"
>          NAS-IP-Address = 127.0.0.1
>          NAS-Port = 1812
> Sending Access-Request of id 147 to 127.0.0.1 port 1812
>          User-Name = "bob"
>          User-Password = "bob"
>          NAS-IP-Address = 127.0.0.1
>          NAS-Port = 1812
> radclient: no response from server for ID 147 socket 3

Hi John,

--
3. DEBUGGING THE SERVER

   Run the server in debugging mode, (radiusd -X) and READ the output.
We cannot emphasize this point strongly enough.  The vast majority of
problems can be solved by carefully reading the debugging output,
which includes WARNINGs about common issues, and suggestions for how
they may be fixed.
--

Is the server running, is the shared secret correct, do you firewall
traffic on the localhost interface?

-James