ISG DHCP relay

Alan Buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Tue May 18 11:02:16 CEST 2010

Hi,

> I really don't understand why noone wants to help. After all, i am using freeradius together with cisco. I just asked if anyone has any experience in ISG+FreeRadius because i am trying to find a solution for my problem for more than 15 days. Does it really matter what kind of NAS i am using?

you said you couldnt find any answers about the tech on cisco site.

as a big cisoc user myself of many of their product lines...i find that
somewhat wierd as they pretty much document everything...maybe its badly linked
and doesnt spell out exactly how you do A+B with product C  (they'll just tell
you how A + B work - you figure the rest out). but its there.

perhaps its because your original question was badly worded or incorrectly
phrased?   you're trying to use the DHCP function of FreeRADIUS...yes? in
the world of DHCP (relay or not) TFTP options are just extra attributes
returned in the reply....  eg ISC DHCP gives you

option tftp-server-name "servername"

and

filename "filename"

and even

next-server 123.123.123.123   (where 123.123.123.123 is quaddot notation for TFTP server)

you may need to adjust the AAA attribute list to deal with these.....

alan