problem whit home_server template

Ana Gallardo ana.gallardo.77 at gmail.com
Thu May 20 11:05:37 CEST 2010

Hello,

I'm workimg with Freeradius 2.1.8.

I would like to use templates in my proxy.conf file to define some home
servers.

My templates.conf file is:

/etc/freeradius# cat templates.conf

templates {
    home_server tldrediris {
        type = auth+acct
        port =1812
        secret = XXXX
        #src_ipaddr = 127.0.0.1
        require_message_authenticator = no
        response_window = 20
        #no_response_fail = no
        zombie_period = 40
        revive_interval = 60
        status_check = status-server
        check_interval = 30
        num_answers_to_alive = 3

Then, in radiusd.conf I include this file:

$INCLUDE templates.conf

And, if I have in proxy.conf file template = tldrediris, when FreeRADIUS
starts doest take the values defines in templates.conf:

/etc/freeradius# cat proxy.conf

home_server tld-rediris1 {
    template = tldrediris
    ipaddr = X.X.X.X
}

/etc/freeradius# freeradius -X
FreeRADIUS Version 2.1.8, for host x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, built on Jan  3 2010
at 14:14:04
. . .
including configuration file /etc/freeradius/radiusd.conf
including configuration file /etc/freeradius/templates.conf
including configuration file /etc/freeradius/proxy.conf
. . .
home_server tld-rediris1 {
    ipaddr = X.X.X.X
    port = 0
    response_window = 30
    max_outstanding = 65536
    zombie_period = 40
    status_check = "none"
    ping_interval = 30
    check_interval = 30
    num_answers_to_alive = 3
    num_pings_to_alive = 3
    revive_interval = 300
    status_check_timeout = 4
    irt = 2
    mrt = 16
    mrc = 5
    mrd = 30
 }
/etc/freeradius/proxy.conf[26]: No port, or invalid port defined for home
server tld-rediris1.

In the other hand, if I use $template tldrediris in templates.conf,
FreeRADIUS doesn't know tldrediris:

/etc/freeradius# cat proxy.conf

home_server tld-rediris1 {
    $template tldrediris
    ipaddr = X.X.X.X
}

/etc/freeradius# freeradius -X
FreeRADIUS Version 2.1.8, for host x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, built on Jan  3 2010
at 14:14:04
. . .
including configuration file /etc/freeradius/radiusd.conf
including configuration file /etc/freeradius/templates.conf
including configuration file /etc/freeradius/proxy.conf
WARNING: No such configuration item tldrediris
/etc/freeradius/proxy.conf[27]: Reference "tldrediris" not found
Errors reading /etc/freeradius/radiusd.conf

I remember this:

http://www.mail-archive.com/freeradius-users@lists.freeradius.org/msg59018.html

Sorry for my english and thankyou very much.

--

 Ana Gallardo Gómez