About how to get data from MySQL db in other rlm modules

weiwei fang fangvv at gmail.com
Fri May 21 10:24:01 CEST 2010

hi, all!

Now I have a question about getting data from mysql database in rlm_wimax. I
want to add some new attribute (such as the level of a single client) in the
clients table of mysql. Then when a client request arrives to the freeradius
server, the rlm_wimax can query the mysql to return the client's "new"
attribute (newly defined by me, mentioned above) in the table back to the
client. So if I can write the code in rlm_wimax.c by invoking the functions
defined in rlm_sql/rlm_mysql, or I need to write my own drive code to access
the mysql database?

I am a new user of freeradius. Thanks a lot for your kindly help!