Authenticating groups via LDAP

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sat May 22 19:45:56 CEST 2010

Johnny R wrote:
> Alan,
>
> John Maher at the first post asked if  there is  any resource that is
> particularly good at explaining how radius and its config files really
> works. I want just to ask it again, if possible, it there is any thread
> or link illustrating how all files in /etc/radb interact to each other.

  radiusd.conf is the "master" file, and reads all of the other ones.

  The "modules" directory contains module configuration.

  The "sites-available" directory contains sample virtual servers.

  The "sites-enabled" directory contains enabled virtual servers.

  The "dictionary" file references dictionaries.

  Everything else is usually a file needed by a module.

  It's really not that complicated, and the filenames are usually
descriptive, so you can tell what they do.