Authenticating groups via LDAP

Alan Buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Sat May 22 20:17:29 CEST 2010

Hi,

> Bottom line: I think the practice of loading every file found in a
> directory is inherently risky and bug prone. I think it should only load
> files with a specific extension, that seems much safer. This still works
> nicely with the enabled/available split.

although some would say thats the package people talking - and that the issue
is only present because of how package management tools etc work. surely
the best way of RPM, APT etc leaving behind all their rubbish/old-files/new-files
etc is for them to utilise some revision control system or drop the files into
a .special directory, eg .rpmnew for example.

moving to a new system where eg module files have a .mod extension and virtual
servers have a .vsf extension (virtual server file ;-) )  then any present
systems need to have quite a few tweaks to be upgraded from their present
situation...

you could also argue that the easiest way is to include each file line
by line in the radiusd.conf instead of using funky directories and including
files wholesale.

choices. choices.

alan