configuring proxy base on eap-type

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon May 24 11:49:59 CEST 2010

Fred MAISON wrote:
> Is there any way to proxy freeradius unsupported eap-type to an external
> radius ?

  EAP does not allow this.

  By the time EAP has decided on an EAP type, the EAP conversation is
well underway.  Changing it mid-stream to another server won't work.

> I have a working setup using inner-tunnel.
> If I understand correctly, in this case, inner-eap are tunneled to
> localhost on port 1814 by default.

  Sort of.  It's not really proxied, but the basic idea is the same.

> My goal is to have eap-juac (Juniper/Funk Software) tunneled to a
> Juniper UAC device.

  Does that appear inside of a TLS tunnel?  If so, the *inner* session
can be proxied.

  Otherwise... no, it can't be proxied.

> I try to avoid my actual proxy setup where a specific real is tunneled
> to UAC. The problem is that end-users can bypass UAC proxying by simply
> changing their domain identity ...

  Then how will they be authenticated locally?  *Why* would you
authenticate them locally?