no access-accept with users file

Robert Wilkinson rbwilkinson at otgb.net
Tue May 25 08:02:10 CEST 2010

I am aiming to get daloradius working with freeradius. I want to get
freeradius in a state of usefulness. To be honest I may have forgotten
the 'normal' state it was in when it worked using  the users file. I am
having an issue with the sites-enabled file.. a matter of global
permissions. I dont know what was responsible for that.
Such is life. Thank you for your support.

On 05/25/2010 02:51 AM, James J J Hooper wrote:
> On 25/05/2010 06:30, Robert Wilkinson wrote:
>> I feel defeated. I was able to get an access-accept result. During my
>> attempt to use MySQL it appears that I broke my configuration.
>> I am using freeradius 2.1.8 on ubuntu 10.4 server.
>> Here is my freeradius -X debug output:
>

> >  WARNING: Empty section.  Using default return values.
> > No authenticate method (Auth-Type) configuration found for the
> request: > Rejecting the user
>
> Hi Robert,
>   What do you actually want it to do, auth against MySQL, or auth
> against the users file, both or something else?
>
> At the moment it seems to be configured to do nothing:
>
> >  WARNING: Empty section.  Using default return values.
> > No authenticate method (Auth-Type) configuration found for the
> request: > Rejecting the user
>
> ... so, its doing nothing.
>
> I'd go back to the default config, and change one thing at a time,
> then test that it does what you expect, repeat until it works totally
> as you wish, or your break it. If the latter, revert the most recent
> config change.
>
> ... and the documentation:
> http://wiki.freeradius.org/SQL_HOWTO   etc
>
> Regards,