peap/eap/mschapv2 + MySQL

Alan Buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Sun May 30 18:23:42 CEST 2010

Hi,

> > Now I've read a million posts on the web, including this list where
> > people have reported the same problem. In most cases the problem was
> > that the inner-tunnel server wasn't configured for sql. I definitely
> > have sql on in the inner-tunnel file (which I will post in a sec). The
> > mysql server IS being queried on the initial request, but not in
> > inner-tunnel. Can someone please shed some light on this for me
> > please.
>
> Ok, well like I said, mysql wasn't being queried by the inner-tunnel
> server. Still not clear on why that was happening, but I worked around
> it by commenting out inner-tunnel as the virtual server to use for
> peap. So the default server is being used and working.

errrrr, it wasnt working when you proxy to inner-tunnel
because SQL *WASNT* configured in your inner-tunnel section...

go have a look at your inner-tunnel config again and tell me where
'sql' appears in your authenticate section?

now see how you have it configured in your 'default'

if you use inner-tunnel then you have far more efficient
config and server CPU usage etc.

alan