Your maximum never usage time has been reached

freeradius at moorhouse.net.nz freeradius at moorhouse.net.nz
Mon May 31 00:49:51 CEST 2010

Thanks Alan

>the easyhotsort people have leveraged, from what i can see, chillispot
>and FreeRADIUS for their solution. as such, they are the ones who are
>first in line to fix things....I dont see why the volunteers in FreeRADIUS
>should deal with the random logic and code from a 3rd party solution.

Fair call.

>> This only occurs for users where the check-name attribute is
>> "Max-All-MB".  If there is no check for this attribute then the user can

>are you checking the the attribute EXISTS - in which case it will always
>be the case unless is only exists if another system make it so (from reading
>accounting) or is is supposed to be a comparison with a value.

If I create a user where the attribute does NOT exist then I can authenticate but cannot keep the user to the total data allowance (see below as why this is required).
If I create a user where the attribute does exist then after the accounting record is created in the radacct table then subsequent attempts to authenticate fail.

Maybe it's time to read the source code for the counter module :(

>sorry, dont care for captive portals - I'm all about 802.1X and proper systems
>and dont beleive that customers should be limited to small amounts of data
>allowance - its 2010.... 1998 have called and want their business model back.

Yeah - I'd rather provide an unlimited data allowance too but in this case it is not possible. I've taken on the task (as a volunteer) to provide  a hotspot for a community group's conference and the only broadband access we have at the venue is via a 3G mobile service (limited to 3GB in a month) :(  Additional data is priced at $100/GB !!

David