Authenticating agains AD issues

Nick Owen nowen at wikidsystems.com
Tue Nov 2 01:50:43 CET 2010

On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 6:37 PM, Alan Buxey <A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> This may be 100% off the mark, but have tried using the AD radius
>> plugin IAS? I have tested its support for proxying for a
>> proof-of-concept and it was quite simple to setup.  I have no
>> production experience.
>
> <cough> splutter. why use IAS? this is a FreeRADIUS mailing list.
> FR is superior in so many ways its not even funny....so if the choice
> of RADIUS is FR - then why think of using another one?  AD
> integration with FR works fine (we use it and have AAA action of several thousand
> sessions per hour) - some distros and setups (particular the windows
> side of the setup) may require some extra knowledge.  binding our
> systems to the local ADs (all 3 of them) was trivial

Oh, yes, to be clear, I only meant to use IAS to check the membership
in AD from Freeradius.  Not as a replacement of Freeradius.  I do give
credit to MS for their support of the standard.

nick
Nick Owen
WiKID Systems, Inc.
404.962.8983
http://www.wikidsystems.com
Commercial/Open Source Two-Factor Authentication