Help on passing parameter to exec

Nghĩa Phạm nghia.pham at exe.com.vn
Wed Nov 3 11:20:24 CET 2010

Thanks for your reply,

The thing is, I need this particular exec to run on an Accounting Request
with Type = Start, since there is 2 kind of login on the NAS:
- Login on the Web UI, in this case only Access-Request is sent
- Login for VPN, in this case after Authenticate is accepted, NAS sends an
Accounting Start Request. I want to run exec here to distinguish the two
kind of login.

Can I define some kind of variable to store the Session-Timeout pass the
Authenticate to the pre-acct session ?

On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 5:02 PM, Phil Mayers <p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk> wrote:

> On 11/03/2010 09:19 AM, nghiapt wrote:
>
>> exec acctstart {
>>        wait = yes
>>        program = "/accounting_start_sh.sh %{User-Name}
>> %{reply:Session-Timeout}"
>>

> Accounting packets don't have any reply AVPs, so "reply:X" is always empty
> for accounting packets.
>
> (Sometimes you can send VSAs in Accounting replies, but it's non-standard
> and goes against the RFCs)
>
> Don't you want this in "post-auth"?
>
> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See