proxy.conf src_ipaddr ignored

Edgar Fuß ef at math.uni-bonn.de
Wed Nov 3 18:12:08 CET 2010

I've a strange problem with proxying working perfectly in debugging mode, but not in production mode.
I tracked this down to the src_ipaddr setting in proxy.conf apperantly being ignored depending on command-line options.

Option settings that do work include:
-sfxx -l stdout
-sfx -l stdout

Option settings that don't work include:
-sf -l stdout
-sfxx

Is this a known issue in 2.1.7? Am I going mad?

I found that the other issue I ran into (server not starting up properly if multiple home server sections included a src_ipaddr setting) was fixed in 2.1.10, but I couldn't find anything about the issue I'm facing now.