which user is using this IP? (Ethernet, no dial-up)

Guido De Rosa guido.derosa at vemarsas.it
Thu Nov 4 19:30:36 CET 2010

2010/11/4 Phil Mayers <p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk>:
>> FreeRADIUS-specific like issuing the
>> "radwho" command which shows you a list of currently
>> logged users, their IP addresses and other informations. Another
>> option
>> is querying the FreeRADIUS database (MySQL/whatever...), which is
>> actually what some front-ends do (like DaloRADIUS...).
>>
>> Do you know a more robust/standard/portable solution to get these
>> info?
>
> If your NAS supplies the IP information in the radius requests, use
> FreeRadius and the SQL module; there are many variations on how to do this.
> The most common is the NAS sending Framed-IP-Address in accounting packets,

My NAS is CoovaChilli (http://coova.org/CoovaChilli) and, yes, it sends
Framed-IP-Address to the RADIUS server.

> and rlm_sql logging the session.

I thought about radutmp because of its simplicity, and it would not
require additional
dependency on a mysql-client libary, but I understand that the mysql
solution is far more scalable...

Thanks,
Guido