PEAP w/ freeradius to LDAP storing ntPassword not working

schilling schilling2006 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 12:12:01 CET 2010

I asked the ldap admin to change the format of the ntPassword to
prepend with 0x, now radius -X get the right hash, but it still have
no "known good" password was found in LDAP. Nevertheless, the
authorization is ok. What is the right format to put in our ldap
ntPassword attribute? Should I ignore the error and focus on the
Auth-Type error?

I will reinstall 2.1.0 with all default, and try it again.

Thanks,

Schilling

[ldap] looking for check items in directory...
  [ldap] ntPassword -> NT-Password == 0x771cfdfe02a8c15e15b3e0e4974602fa
[ldap] looking for reply items in directory...
WARNING: No "known good" password was found in LDAP.  Are you sure
that the user is configured correctly?
[ldap] user sding authorized to use remote access
  [ldap] ldap_release_conn: Release Id: 0
++[ldap] returns ok