Redundant Freeradius

Rhommel Lamas roml at rhommell.com
Thu Nov 11 15:06:42 CET 2010

Hi, i left the redundant for a while and today i am trying again, and it
fails

I have this on the radiusd.conf

  detail {
        fail = 1
        }
        redundant redundant_sql {
                sql1
                sql2
                handled
        }

        redundant redundant_sqlip {
                sqlippool1
                sqlippool1
                #notfound = return
                handled
        }

And on the sites-enable/default

authorize {
        preprocess
        chap
        mschap
        suffix
        eap {
                ok = return
        }
        redundant_sql
        pap
        expiration
        logintime
        pap
}

authenticate {
        Auth-Type PAP {
                pap
        }
        Auth-Type CHAP {
                chap
        }
        Auth-Type MS-CHAP {
                mschap
        }
        unix
        eap
}

preacct {
        preprocess
        acct_unique
        suffix
}

accounting {
        detail
        redundant_sql
        radutmp
        redundant_sqlip
}

session {
        radutmp
        redundant_sql
}

post-auth {
        redundant_sql
        redundant_sqlip
        exec
        Post-Auth-Type REJECT {
                attr_filter.access_reject

pre-proxy {
}

post-proxy {
        eap
}

And Sql stills fail when one of the database isn't available. Is this
configuration right?

On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 4:36 PM, Rhommel Lamas <roml at rhommell.com> wrote:

> ok i was getting crazy around here thought it was something about my
> configuration :) Good To know that
> Sql instances should have a variable that you can setup in case you are
> using a failover and it adjust some parameters like
>
> 1.- readclients: Actually i had to set the variable readclients to NO on
> one of my sql instances, i think it would be helpfull to set that on the
> radiusd.conf something like readclients = sql_redundant.
> 2.- sqlippool.conf: I think it wouldbe helpfull if sql-instance-name could
> be assigned from a redundant instance declared on the radiusd.conf
>

> Of course those are ideas i don't know you guys have more experience on
> this maybe mine are lame.
>

> Thanks for the Help.
>

> Rhommel Lamas.
>

> On Oct 27, 2010, at 4:17 PM, Alan DeKok wrote:
>
> > Rhommel Lamas wrote:
> >> For example i have 2 Databases server, and 1 radius server, i need to
> configure it for failover.
> >> I already configured both Sql instances, and both sqlippool instances.
> >
> >  OK.
> >
> >> When i start radius i see two scenarios:
> >> 1.- If both Databases are up and running Radius Works.
> >
> >  That's the intent.
> >
> >> 2.- If one of my mysql is down radius won't start because it fails to
> connect to the database that is down.
> >
> >  That's also the intent.
> >
> >> Is this the right way or i am failling on something?
> >
> >  It's the way it works now.  We're looking into making it more flexible
> > in the future.
> >
> >  Alan DeKok.
> > -
> > List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See