Sporadic Windows 802.1x-PEAP-MSchapv2 failures solved with 2.1.10

Cannady, Mike mike.cannady at htcinc.net
Mon Nov 15 19:41:53 CET 2010

I just wanted to let everyone know that the 2.1.10 release fixed a
sporadic problem that we were having with PEAP-MSchapv2 and 802.1x.  We
had several PCs that would work only sometimes with freeradius, but they
would always work with Microsoft's IAS.  I would move a problem PC from
a switch authenticating with windows to another switch authenticating
through freeradius and back and the problem stayed with the freeradius
one.

I was running 2.1.7 at the time.  I installed 2.1.10 to get to the
latest version before using this list for help, just to have it fix the
problem.  I suspect bug#17 was the issue.

If the issue hadn't been solved, we were preparing to go to two MS
server datacenter servers to do just the radius work (we have a *lot* of
switches) which I thought was a lot of overkill and wouldn't give us the
flexibility to do what we plan with the radius server in the future.
Now we don't need the MS servers now!

Thanks a bunch!!!!  You made me very happy!

Mike Cannady

HTC Disclaimer:  The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.  Thank you.