Authenticating MACs and users

Rudolph Bott r at bott.im
Sat Nov 20 11:26:40 CET 2010

Hi Alan,

ok I'll try to be more specific:

I have all the mac addresses (including the vlan attribute) in my users
file. Can I just put in some user accounts as well and configure my
switches to use the radius server for user authentication?

How do I separate the management-users from my 'fake' mac-address-users?
I don't wont anyone to login to my switches with his mac address :/

On top of that, I might also need a Radius server to authenticate
wireless users against Active Directory but I'll probably use IAS here
(unless its easy to add this feature to the existing freeradius setup as
well).

Basically my question is: how can I separate user requests for different
backends (mac-address-users-file, switch-users-file, active directory
backend) on my radius server. Simply running 3 instances with different
ports/configurations on the same server is probably not the way to go
(is it?)

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / With Kind Regards
   Rudolph Bott