unlang post-auth group-name

Cameron Wood cameron.e.wood at gmail.com
Sat Oct 2 14:27:18 CEST 2010

> note the "rlm_ldap: ldap_search() failed: Bad search filter" line

Thanks for pointing that out for me Alan, I missed that in the debug log.

Two main reasons: firstly, doing the LDAP lookups indirectly via rlm_unix is
> difficult to debug (as we are finding)
>
> Secondly, doing the LDAP lookups directly gives you a more rich interface
> to the underlying LDAP data. Doing it via rlm_unix limits you to schema
> elements present in the posix LDAP schema and get*ent calls

Those both make perfect sense, thanks for explaining that Phil.

I finally got this working with the following groupmembership_filter...

"(&(objectClass=posixGroup)(memberUid=%{%{Stripped-User-Name}:-%{User-Name}}))"

Thanks again to those who helped me with this, it's appreciated.

Regards
Cameron.