EAP-MSCHAP-V2 - [mschap] FAILED: No NT/LM-Password. Cannot perform authentication.

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Oct 6 07:38:33 CEST 2010

bmano wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to Implement EAP-ttls and MSCHAP(V2).
> I tried all the forums to solutions.
>
> I am getting the following error.
>
> [mschapv2] +- entering group MS-CHAP {...}
> [mschap] No Cleartext-Password configured.  Cannot create LM-Password.
> [mschap] No Cleartext-Password configured.  Cannot create NT-Password.
> [mschap] Told to do MS-CHAPv2 for john with NT-Password
> [mschap] FAILED: No NT/LM-Password.  Cannot perform authentication.
> [mschap] FAILED: MS-CHAP2-Response is incorrect

  You haven't configured a "known good" password for the user.

  Download 2.1.10, and look at the top of the file
"raddb/sites-available/inner-tunnel".  That "listen" section will also
work in 2.1.8.  In fact, it may already be there in 2.1.8, but commented
out.

  Follow the instructions at the top of the file from 2.1.10, using the
2.1.10 version of "radclient" and "radtest".

  It *will* work.