Optional authorize methode

Ricardo Frías Alvarez ricardo.frias at upc.edu
Wed Oct 6 13:31:26 CEST 2010

  Hello!

I don't know how to configure Radius to do this : I want that radius
accepts the access, if files or ldap returns ok. In descriptive code:

IF files return 'OK' THEN access-accept
ELSE IF ldap return 'OK' THEN access-accept
ELSE access-reject

After I saw the documentation, I thought that I can do this with
fail-over and I add this code to sites-enabled/default:

authorize {
     group {
        files {
           fail = 1      # remember "fail" with priority 1
           ok = return       # if we succeed, return "ok"
                 # if "detail1" returned "fail"
        }
        ldap {
           fail = 1      # remember "fail" with priority 1
          ok = return       # if we succeed, don't do "detail2"

With this configuration it's happening the following: If files return OK
the username/password are accepted. If files return fail
username/password are rejected directly.

This is not what I want. I want that if files fail then check ldap.

How I can configure radius to implement this functionality?

Thanks you very much,
Ricardo Frías.