Question about NAS-Port attribute when using freeradiusclient

Ali Majdzadeh ali.majdzadeh at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 00:46:47 CEST 2010

Hello All
I am using freeradiusclient in combination with PPP in order to setup RADIUS
authentication for PPTP users. Actually, I managed to authenticate users
using RADIUS but I noticed that the NAS-Port attribute which is sent to
RADIUS server is always 0. Is this normal? Is there any way to generate
proper values for NAS-Port? Is this attribute set by radiusclient or is it
extracted from somewhere else? (PPP, maybe?)

Warm Regards
Ali Majdzadeh Kohbanani