Removing domain name in freeradius

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 12 20:38:16 CEST 2010

On Oct 12, 2010, at 10:29 AM, Alexander Clouter wrote:

> Mark Holmes <mark.holmes at nuffield.ox.ac.uk> wrote:
>>
>> At the moment in my test environment, as long as I DONT specify the
>> domain it works - so I'm looking to strip out the domain name if they
>> DO specify it.
>>
> As a hint for the record, in production for 'eduroam, you must reject
> when there is no domain otherwise:
> a) your helpdesk get sloppy
> b) your users will be unable to roam
>
> Just advice from someone who already walked that path of pain a few
> years back. :)

Mmm same. Fond memories of the lines of students complaining that their internet had suddenly stopped working after we turned off automatic insertion of sussex.ac.uk when domain component was null.

The documentation of course explicitly stated that the username must be user at domain, but since when do students read documentation...

-Arran