Autz-Type examples and parse error

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Oct 13 15:56:05 CEST 2010

On 13/10/10 14:40, Harry Hoffman wrote:
> Hi Alan,
>
> Thanks for the help! This works well and lessens the confusion on my
> part.
>
> I do have one question. When using ldap as the authorization module the
> Auth-Type gets set properly to siteone_ldap. But if I try using

That's a feature of the "ldap" module; if it is a "named" module it sets
the Auth-Type to that name (otherwise using "LDAP")

> ntlm_auth then the Auth-Type is not set even though ntlm_auth returns
> OK.

The (confusingly named) "ntlm_auth" module is actually a copy of the
"exec" module which checks PAP requests; it does not have that feature.
You are also using it wrong, by running it in the "authorize" section.

You want something like:

authorize {
   if (Realm == ...) {
     ldap_siteone
   }
   elsif (Realm == ...) {
     update control {
       Auth-Type := PAP-ntdom

authenticate {
   Auth-Type ldap_siteone {
     ldap_siteone
   }
   Auth-Type PAP-ntdom {
     ntlm_auth

I guess the other alternative is:

authorize {
   if (Realm == ...) {
     ldap_siteone
   }
   elsif (Realm == ...) {
     ntlm_auth
     if (ok) {
       update control {
         Auth-Type := PAP-ntdom

...but maybe it's not really what you should be doing; "authenticate"
should happen after "authorize"