Autz-Type examples and parse error

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Oct 13 16:56:24 CEST 2010

On 13/10/10 15:17, Harry Hoffman wrote:
> Hi Phil,
>
> Thanks for the pointers. I was attempting to use ntlm_auth to ensure the
> account actually existed for the authorization section. And then again
> in the authentication section to ensure the user name and password
> match.

But that's not what you're doing. You're actually issuing a password
check request.

And why check twice? If they don't exist, auth will fail in the
authenticate {} section.

> Is there a better way to check for authorization against AD?

"It depends". What does "authorization" in this context mean?

AD has an integrated LDAP server, which is moderately useful; if you
configure FreeRadius you can