Authentication failing when using *@domain.com

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Oct 18 08:56:02 CEST 2010

Ryan Garrett wrote:
> I have a test account setup within a test domain.
> The username is "dadmin". If I authenticate with just "dadmin" it works
> fine, I get an access accept response and I am up and running.

  OK.

> However, if I try "dadmin at testlab.net"
> authentication is rejected.

  Because names are just strings.  The strings "dadmin" and
"dadmin at testlab.net" are different.

> My main concern is the fact that during the
> process, it says "testlab.net" was not found, using
> NULL for the Realm.

  Yes... because you didn't configure the realm.  See raddb/proxy.conf.

  In 2.1.10, read raddb/sites-available/inner-tunnel.  Test that with
"radtest" and "dadmin at testlab.net".  Once that works, PEAP will work.