freeradius proxy can't recognize Delegated-IPv6-Prefix attribute

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Fri Oct 22 09:02:46 CEST 2010

ichiro tanaka <i_tanaka at hotmail.co.jp> writes:

> Proxy-Server recognition was repaired, if proxy-server did not include
> "dictionary.ascend".

I believe it is time to revisit the Ascend dictionary fixup.  This was
done once, and then reverted for between 2.1.7 and 2.1.8:

commit e23e4754f755e6fe82a28e53ccc1b9ffcaf53fda
Author: Alan T. DeKok <aland at freeradius.org>
Date:   Wed Dec 2 11:54:23 2009 +0100

    Revert "Moved Ascends illegal attributes to their own file"

    This reverts commit 0241615ea5e98a13c92c266daab356e057d6a27d.

    While these dictionaries are unfortunate, making this change
    in a point release is likely a bad idea.

commit 0241615ea5e98a13c92c266daab356e057d6a27d
Author: Alan T. DeKok <aland at freeradius.org>
Date:   Tue Sep 29 10:10:59 2009 +0200

    Moved Ascends illegal attributes to their own file

Yes, I can see the point that this will break existing setups.  But I
will argue that such setups have *always* been broken.  At least when we
are discussing the FreeRADIUS 2.x era.  You cannot support them without
breaking RFC conformance, which should have a higher priority even in
the stable tree.

Or just rename the next 2.1.x release "2.2.0" if that makes you feel
better :-)

Bjørn