freeradius proxy can't recognize Delegated-IPv6-Prefix attribute

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Oct 22 09:55:43 CEST 2010

Bjørn Mork wrote:
> I believe it is time to revisit the Ascend dictionary fixup.

  I think so, yes.

> Yes, I can see the point that this will break existing setups.  But I
> will argue that such setups have *always* been broken.  At least when we
> are discussing the FreeRADIUS 2.x era.  You cannot support them without
> breaking RFC conformance, which should have a higher priority even in
> the stable tree.

  Pretty much, yes.

> Or just rename the next 2.1.x release "2.2.0" if that makes you feel
> better :-)

  No... 2.2.0 is a different branch in git, and has major new features,
like TCP transport, and many more which are waiting for certain things
to happen.

  For 2.1.11, the safer alternative is to move the "illegal" attributes
to their own dictionaries, and then include those *before* the RFC
dictionaries.  People will still be able to create/send attributes using
the illegal names.  But when attributes are received, the new names will
be used by default.

  That *is* a change in behavior.  But it's time for 10-year-old
equipment to be deprecated.