Authenticating agains AD issues

Alan Buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Sat Oct 30 00:37:37 CEST 2010

Hi,

> This may be 100% off the mark, but have tried using the AD radius
> plugin IAS? I have tested its support for proxying for a
> proof-of-concept and it was quite simple to setup.  I have no
> production experience.

<cough> splutter. why use IAS? this is a FreeRADIUS mailing list.
FR is superior in so many ways its not even funny....so if the choice
of RADIUS is FR - then why think of using another one?  AD
integration with FR works fine (we use it and have AAA action of several thousand
sessions per hour) - some distros and setups (particular the windows
side of the setup) may require some extra knowledge.  binding our
systems to the local ADs (all 3 of them) was trivial

alan