control-socket on freeradius 2.1.8

JOE joeplc at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 20:26:26 CEST 2010

Hi all
I'm trying to configure control-socket functionality on freeradius
2.1.8. Radius in debug mode shows:

radiusd: #### Opening IP addresses and Ports ####
listen {
        type = "auth"
        ipaddr = *
        port = 1645
}
listen {
        type = "acct"
        ipaddr = *
        port = 1646
}
listen {
        type = "control"
 listen {
        socket = "/opt/freeradius/var/run/radiusd/radiusd.sock"
        uid = "testuser"
        gid = "users"
        mode = "rw"
Listening on authentication address * port 1645
Listening on accounting address * port 1646
Listening on command file /opt/freeradius/var/run/radiusd/radiusd.sock
Ready to process requests.

The socket is created with this permissions:

ls -ltr "/opt/freeradius/var/run/radiusd/radiusd.sock"
srw-rw---- 1 radius radius 0 2010-09-01 20:18
/opt/freeradius/var/run/radiusd/radiusd.sock

When I try to connect to the socket with radmin I received a permission denied:

/opt/freeradius/sbin> ./radmin -d ../etc_devel/raddb/
radmin: Failed connecting to
/opt/freeradius/var/run/radiusd/radiusd.sock: Permission denied

radmin is launched with 'testuser' user.

anyone know where is the problem?

Regards