Save Passwords Encrypted in DB

Nasser Heidari nasser at rasana.net
Mon Sep 6 17:11:00 CEST 2010

Hi,
I want to save encrypted passwords in DB.
As I reviewed mailing list , it looks that I don't need major changes on
my Freeradius and DB records.
Currently my users password in database is like this :

+------------+---------------+------------------+----+------------------
----+

+------------+---------------+------------------+----+------------------
----+
| 10001       | nasser        | User-Password | := | plainpass

+------------+---------------+------------------+----+------------------
----+

And I authenticate users with pap module .

I've changed DB entry to this :

#  openssl passwd -1 plainpass
$1$n.cKdTKy$.N.o9XkpX.RkCHC5EbZds/

+------------+---------------+------------------+----+------------------
------------------------------------------+
| id             | UserName   | attribute           | op | value

+------------+---------------+------------------+----+------------------
------------------------------------------+
| 10001       | nasser        | Crypt-Password | := |
$1$n.cKdTKy$.N.o9XkpX.RkCHC5EbZds/                |

But no success, also I add Password-With-Header := "{crypt}" to my
sql.conf but no success !
Do I missing something ?
What kind of changes do I need?

My Freeradius Version is 2.1.7