timeout if mysql backend not reachable

PENZ Robert ROBERT.PENZ at tirol.gv.at
Thu Sep 9 07:41:46 CEST 2010

Hi!

I've more than one radius server configured on my switches. If one server timeouts the switch takes the second server. On each radius server a freeradius and a mysql db is running. I'm now searching for a way that the freeradius does not return anything (=timeout for the switch) if he cannot reach its mysql db (on the same machine).  Currently I get a reject reply for the authentication request. How can I configure that?

Thx!

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Robert Penz

Dipl. Inf. Robert Penz
DVT-Daten-Verarbeitung-Tirol GmbH
Adamgasse 22, 6020 Innsbruck
Tel: +43 512 508 3334 / Fax: +43 512 508 3355
eMail: robert.penz at tirol.gv.at