FreeRADIUS with Samba3, AD(Samba4) and and Windows XP

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Thu Sep 9 14:30:20 CEST 2010

On 09/09/2010 12:59 PM, Бисер Миланов wrote:
> Hello!
>
> We have a problem with a FreeRADIUS and Active Directory (Samba4)
> installation. After following:
>
> I seems that FreeRADIUS is sending an Access-Challenge but does not
> get a reply. What can be the source of the problem?

The client stops responding. You'll need to debug the problem there.
What happens at the client side?

Samba4 is very new - perhaps it's getting the MS-CHAP response wrong?

Do you have a samba 3 machine to compare with? Run the exact same
"ntlm_auth" command and see if it gives the same NT_KEY response.