Freeradius capable of url-redirect

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Sep 9 18:56:32 CEST 2010

Nathan McDavit-Van Fleet wrote:
> Okay,
>
> So my config is failing to even allow freeradius to initialize. I get the
> following errors in my radius.log
>
> Thu Sep  9 11:46:11 2010 : Error:
> /etc/raddb/sites-enabled/inner-tunnel[161]: Failed to parse "elsif"
> subsection.

  So... what does that section of the file contain?

> My config is
>
> Cisco-AVpair+="http:url-redirect=http://www.cisco.com"

  You have a *bit* more than one line of text in your configuration.

  Perhaps you could post the *context*?  Like the entire "elsif" section
it's complaining about?

> Apparently this is not properly formatted. I found several examples where
> this should be alright. I've tried with the protocol "ip" and others, but I
> don't even think that the protocol matters in terms of how freeradius parses
> it?

  You have likely read the examples wrong.  The examples show specific
configurations in specific files.  If you follow the examples *exactly*,
they will work.  They will even work if you then edit them to change the
attribute name and value.

  What you've done is probably to take an example intended for the
"users" file, and put it somewhere else.

  Read "man unlang" for the format of the configuration files.  It also
explains how to set attributes.

  i.e.  This *is* documented.