Radmin - hup query

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Fri Sep 10 14:54:14 CEST 2010

On 09/10/2010 08:27 AM, Bjørn Mork wrote:
> John Horne<john.horne at plymouth.ac.uk>  writes:
>
>> Running Freeradius 2.1.10 on CentOS 5.5 I have been taking a quick look
>> at the radmin 'hup' command. However, I am having a problem getting it
>> to work:
>>
>>    radmin -e hup
>>    ERROR: You do not have write permission.  See "mode = rw"
>>    in /var/run/radiusd/radiusd.sock
>
> I believe that message is a bit misleading as the "mode = rw" refers to
> the control socket configuration (typically in raddb/sites-enabled/control-socket)
> and not to the actual file mode of the socket.

FWIW if you install via Red Hat supplied RPM's this should just work (at
least it did the last time I tested). We try to get all these
installation details right for a smoother user experience. However, I'll
grant you 2.1.10 is not currently available for RHEL 5.

--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>

Looking to carve out IT costs?
www.redhat.com/carveoutcosts/