[help] Mikrotik WDS + WPA2-EAP TLS + FreeRadius = failure

Denis Iskandarov d.iskandarov at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 13:19:42 CEST 2010

 setup is. Mikrotik WDS AP + Mikrotik WDS Station....so suplicant is
 Mikrotik Station....
 Mikrotik has only EAP-TLS .1x method for authentication
 and as i got EAP-TLS is using only certificates for auth.
 i'm sure that i have problem configuring eap TLS module.
 radius can't retrieve UserIdentity from certificate.
 I have found some kind of solution (but it didn't work)

 uncommented one by one strings in eap.conf

 check_cert_issuer = "/C=ZZ/ST=Yyyyy/L=yyyyy/O=Xxx"
 or
 check_cert_cn = %{User-Name}

 Also i tried next from this string: check_cert_cn = %{User-Name} =>
 entered in users db username same as CN is in certificate with
 password supplied during client-cert generation with OpenSSL (A
 challenge password []:whatever)

 how radius should read user cert. whats wrong ?

 One more time, right now, TTLS working on same server using same tls
 module but with Ubiquiti equipment.
 P.S.: here is my discussion thread on mikrotik forum, but they don't
 have glue about freeradius setups (most of them)
 http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=45124&p=227563#p227563