Core with 64Bit pam_radius_auth on Solaris 9

Peter Lambrechtsen plambrechtsen at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 09:22:59 CEST 2010

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 6:06 PM, Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com>wrote:

> > Any suggestions on what to do with gdb or to debug this problem??
>
> $ gdb --args ./pamtester jpam peter authenticate
> (gdb) run
> (gdb) bt

This is what I get back:

(gdb) run
Starting program: /usr/local/bin/sparcv9/pamtester jpam peter authenticate
procfs:4337 -- process not stopped.
procfs: ...giving up...
(gdb) bt
procfs: couldn't find pid 7326 (kernel thread 1) in procinfo list.
procfs: couldn't find pid 7326 (kernel thread 1) in procinfo list.

If I try it on the 32bit version I get:

(gdb) run
Starting program: /usr/local/bin/pamtester jpam peter authenticate
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
Password:
pamtester: successfully authenticated

Program exited normally.
(gdb) quit

 > I'm no C developer so not sure where to go to from here.
>
>   I don't have a 64-bit Solaris machine, so I can't help much.

Pretty much all sparc machines have been 64Bit for a very long time, so if
you have a sparc machine it's probably 64bit just need to add the -m64 on
the complier switches.  I can also sort out remote access into a machine.
Just e-mail me directly.

Cheers for the response.

Peter