Core with 64Bit pam_radius_auth on Solaris 9

Peter Lambrechtsen plambrechtsen at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 15:39:40 CEST 2010

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 9:55 PM, Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com>wrote:

> Peter Lambrechtsen wrote:
> > This is what I get back:
> >
> > (gdb) run
> > Starting program: /usr/local/bin/sparcv9/pamtester jpam peter
> authenticate
> > procfs:4337 -- process not stopped.
> > procfs: ...giving up...
> > (gdb) bt
> > procfs: couldn't find pid 7326 (kernel thread 1) in procinfo list.
> > procfs: couldn't find pid 7326 (kernel thread 1) in procinfo list.
>
>   Well... that's an issue for Solaris && gdb documentation, unfortunately.

Yes, it seems to be an odd quirk when compiling code on Solaris 9, and
running it on Solaris 10.  I was hoping to have a module that would work on
both, but that is looking less likely.

I've got PADL pam_ldap working fine compiled on 9 and working on 10 for both
32Bit and 64Bit.  So I am trying to figure out what gcc and / or ld switch
is missing that is causing it to not work.  Otherwise I will just install
gcc on the box and recompile on solaris 10.