How do I have one Freeradius server hosting multiple ldap instances and associate each SSID with particular LDAP instance to authenticate

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Thu Sep 23 16:47:53 CEST 2010

On 23/09/10 15:08, Ziggy Bopster wrote:
> Hi Phil,
>
> Thank you so much for responding with your recommendations.. The Ldap
> config varies only by Server IP, Base DN and password.. If I use option

If the bind DN passwords are different, you probably can't use this
option. You'll probably need >1 ldap module.

> #2, how does Free Radius know which OU to plug in when authorizing
> users?  Does that mean users have to enter their fully qualified login
> name ?

Have you read docs/rlm_ldap?

> Maybe Option #1 is good if I check for Calling Station ID in the "if"
> statement in the authorize section?

Yes, I think that's your best option.

> Thank you for your patience again with my questions.. I wasn't sure what
> to call what I am trying to do, so couldn't find exact documentation on
> it.. Do you have a link where I can find out more info on how to do
> this?  THANK YOU SOOO MUCH.

FreeRadius basically passes each request through a series of modules.
You can control the flow through these modules in various ways.

See "man unlang" for the basic documentation.