Pushing group attribute from OpenDirectory to Cisco

Sander van Loosbroek sander at vanloosbroek.com
Mon Sep 27 00:37:03 CEST 2010

Just wanted to let you all know that I got it working with your instructions. In the end I realized that there were multiple groups associated with each user and that such a lookup wasn't gonna work anyway. I created single user entries like this in the users file:

user1			Cleartext-Password := "userpassword"
				Service-Type = NAS-Prompt-User,
				cisco-avpair = "webvpn:user-vpn-group=management"

The user has to be active in the OpenDirectory as well for this to work but this is desired behaviour in my configuration anyway. Now the avpair gets pushed to the Cisco router and used to select the correct policy in the WebVPN context. I'm gonna write a blogpost on my full setup on http://edgetechnology.wordpress.com that explains the full setup for those interested.

Thank you all for your help.

Sander