Radius+Ldap:Allow the same host in multiple vlans

Ramon Escriba escriba at cells.es
Thu Sep 30 15:02:04 CEST 2010

Hi Alan,
Well, touche. We're also trying to use the ldap db to store dhcp info, so
using the same structure to keep all host related data, radius+dhcp+dns.
The problem is we've a big number of vlans, and multiple devices may connect
in some vlans. I'll try to simplify, I shall keep thinking on it.

By the way, in some of the cases the switch-ip, even switch+port, is the
key, so huntgroups does the job but only partially.

This works (original huntgroups example):
#business       NAS-IP-Address == 192.168.2.5, NAS-Port-Id == 1

But not this:
#business       NAS-IP-Address == 192.168.2.5, NAS-Port-Id == 1-7

Why? It's normal?? If this feature work, it'll keep things a bit more
simple. I'm missing something,isn't it?

Thanks for your fast answer.