same username different password on different NAS

Brian Candler B.Candler at pobox.com
Fri Apr 1 13:17:15 CEST 2011

On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 01:16:22PM -0700, Richard Thornton wrote:
>    Without using virtual servers, is there a way to link the username
>    "manager" to the NAS name or IP of the location?

Yep. I suggest you first map the NAS-IP-Address to a Huntgroup-Name (see the
'preprocess' module and 'huntgroups' file for one way of doing this). This
allows you to control the NAS-IP-Address mappings separately.

Then use a combination of (Huntgroup-Name, User-Name) when looking up the
user in whatever database you're using. For example, if it's SQL you can use
a query like:

        authorize_check_query = "SELECT id, username, attribute, value, op \
          FROM ${authcheck_table} \
          WHERE username = '%{SQL-User-Name}' \
          AND huntgroup = '%{Huntgroup-Name}' \
          ORDER BY id"