Dial up error and freeraius is down

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Sat Apr 2 04:40:45 CEST 2011

On Sat, Apr 2, 2011 at 9:20 AM, Robin <freeradius at itpm.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If I can understand it, my freeradius for some reason has slowed due to
> response behind time?

I don't understand what you mean by "my freeradius for some reason has
slowed due to response behind time", but like Alan said, the cause of
that log is usually because your backend (mysql?) didn't return timely
response which cause the NAS to re-send the request. When FR received
the duplicate request, it discards the request since it detects it's
still processing the old one.

Things you might want to check:
- is there a bottleneck in your MySQL? Sometimes a reporting query
locks the tables so other queries (like select/insert from FR) can't
be processed.
- how big is your radacct table? When unmaintained, it can have
millions of records, and some FR feature (like sqlcounter, or
simultaneous use checking) reads entries in radacct
- how efficient is your sql schema? Having lots of indexes can speed
up certain select queries, but it can kill write
(insert/update/delete) performance.

In other words, get a DBA, check your MySQL setup.

--
Fajar