Strip off the domain part from the User-Name

Thomas Wunder thomas.wunder at swt-bamberg.de
Mon Apr 4 08:57:39 CEST 2011

Hi,
On Friday 01 April 2011 18:32:21 Phil Mayers wrote:
> On 01/04/11 13:43, Thomas Wunder wrote:
> > [mschap] No Cleartext-Password configured.  Cannot create LM-Password.
> > [mschap] Found NT-Password
> > [mschap] ERROR: User-Name (winmac\tom1) is not the same as MS-CHAP Name (tom1) from EAP-MSCHAPv2
>
> What client are you using?
My client is an HP ProCurve 2910al edge switch and I'm trying to connect to it via the 802.1X (wired) supplicant which is natively included in Win7 Professional. (As I said in my very first post the whole process of 802.1X authentication/authorization works well unless I check the "Automatically use my Windows logon name and password (and domain if any)." option what I actually have to)

> It's sending:
>
> EAP-Identity username=winmac\tom
>
> ...then a 2nd packet:
>
> EAP-MSCHAP username=tom
What I found particularly strange is the line of output where it says "PEAP: Setting User-Name to winmac\tom1". Is this done by the server side PEAP implementation or is this related to the client (Windows?) side behavior?

I don't like my solution of just commenting things out in the code and therefore I'd really prefer something more adequate...

regards
 Tom