rlm_sql_unixodbc ?

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Apr 8 03:07:14 CEST 2011

Jim Rice wrote:
> I thought I had followed the FR installation instructions and was
> surprised that something might have been missing.

  I think you're misunderstanding *optional* modules.  The server comes
with plugins for LDAP, SQL (MySQL, PostGreSQL, DB2, Oracle, ...), and
many, many, more.  However, the build process checks for preconditions.
 If you don't have MySQL installed, it won't build the MySQL plugin.

  This shouldn't be a suprise.

> How can I know which dependencies are missing?  (Which packages to
> install?)

  The Unixodbc headers and libraries.  *Read* the "configure" output
from the rlm_sql_unixodbc module.  It says what it's looking for.

> I had already installed mysql-connector-odbc before finding
> rlm_sql_unixodbc.
> There were several new library files added, including
> /usr/lib/libodbc.so.1.0.0  But -lodbc not so much.

  "-lodbc" tells the linker to find a file "libodbc*".

  Please do some reading on how Unix build systems work.