Simple "Guest user" web front end for FreeRADIUS

up at 3.am up at 3.am
Fri Apr 8 21:50:30 CEST 2011

On my client's wifi network, we are authenticating staff users via
FreeRADIUS against the corporate LDAP database.

I've created a new SSID/WLAN with an IP pool that I've restricted through
router ACLs that we want to deploy for temporary "guest" users.  I can set
up a new FreeRADIUS server (I've done many of those) backend for this, but
am unfamiliar with 2 things that will be different here, which are:

1) A Web front end for a clerical type to enter in temporary accounts to
FreeRADIUS.  I imagine there must be a simple php interface for some sort
of "Internet cafe" type of use.  I'd prefer as simple as possible (ie,
flat file), but would be fine if MySQL is the way to go for account info
storage.

I know I COULD put together a FreeRADIUS and OpenLDAP server with
something like a webmin front end, but that seems overkill to me.

2) Some sort of automatic password generator for above...not absolutely
necessary, but would be nice.

I would imagine this wheel has already been invented, so if anybody could
point me in the right direction, it would be appreciated.

Thanks!