how to radtest from another client

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Sat Apr 9 14:20:00 CEST 2011

On Sat, Apr 9, 2011 at 5:03 PM, 徐宇 <xuyubupt at gmail.com> wrote:
> I install freeradius in the server its ip is  192.168.1.1.
> In the server  I have already do the radtest ,and the result is OK
> rad_recv: Access-Accept packet from host 127.0.0.1 port 1812, id=11, length=20
>
>  I want to add a test authenticator host client. So I add something at
> the end of my clients.conf and assign a shared-secret.
>  client 192.168.1.100 {
>      secret = testing123
>      shortname = 192.168.1.100
>   }
> Should I do other things to finish it?  I need to do the radtest in
> the client(192.168.1.100)  right? But there isn't a radtest command in
> the client, Need I install some softwares in the client?
>
> thank you for your help ,best regards.

Please don't send the same message over and over again. It's rude, and
will simply discourage others from helping you.

Yes, you need to install the software. radtest command is available if:
- you built your own freeradius from source
- you install a package from your distro containing radtest

If you need to know which package from your distro has the radtest
command, ask your distro forum/list/support. On Ubuntu, the package is
called "freeradius-utils".

If you have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about, then ask
whoever sets up the server you're currently using, since you say that
server already has radtest available.

--
Fajar