Help me with Access-Challenge configuration

GreenUA green_its at mail.ru
Tue Apr 12 08:21:24 CEST 2011

To Alan DeKok-2
Sorry, for my maybe inconsistent question.
I try to explain:

1. "If you're debugging a RADIUS client you wrote, then this isn't a
FreeRADIUS question. "
It's freeRADIUS question because i need to configure freeRADIUS server

2. "> What methods? How i can configure it?

  If you don't know, you don't need Access-Challenges."

If i don't now how to configure it, i don't need it? In such way why are you
replaying on mails from this forum?
I want to configure, and i don't know how, that's why i posted my question
here.

FROM RFC:

"If all conditions are met and the RADIUS server wishes to issue a
   challenge to which the user must respond, the RADIUS server sends an
   "Access-Challenge" response.  It MAY include a text message to be
   displayed by the client to the user prompting for a response to the
   challenge, and MAY include a State attribute."

But there is noting about: what conditions, "server wishes", etc.

3. "As a hint: people who don't understand the RADIUS protocol shouldn't
write RADIUS clients. "

Again sorry if my question not correct, and don't worry i'm not writing
RADIUS client.

My simple question:
How to configure freeRADIUS server so it replay "access-challenge" message
on "access-request" from a client?